Thursday, March 25, 2010

On the Up

I had an appointment with my pdoc 2 days ago. I was dreading it because I thought he'd harp on about my agoraphobia, which he did a little. However, in general, the appointment went really well. I've lost a stone and my mood has improved no end. I even managed not to cry on seeing him! I haven't got to go back to see him now unless I need to. Bless him, he even asked me to keep in touch just to tell him how I'm doing.

On another doctor topic, my GP has know written to the PCT (Primary Care Trust) in regards to gastric banding. I'm really relieved about that because she agreed to write to them in November, but she hadn't done so until the other day. I have the feeling that she may have been waiting until the new financial year. I'm so excited! I shouldn't be really, as this is just the beginning. I may have to appeal their decision, but we'll deal with that if/when it happens.

More good news: I received the results of my smear test today. I was quite worried when I opened the letter as I only had the test 2 weeks ago, but thankfully the results were 'normal'. That's a weight off my mind.

Work's going quite well. I should have worked a bit more this week, but I haven't. Loads of researchers log on during the last week of the month to get their stats in order, so it's hard to earn anything. It's a bit of an excuse, really, but I'm sticking to it. It's my first month back and I don't want to reach burnout anytime soon. Other than that, I've done really well. I got 100% in my review and I've managed to get into the Top 5 twice over the weekend (means a lot to me).

I've even decided to start a new venture: Phoenix Trading. It's an occassion card and gift wrap company. I'm going to give it a good go and see how it pans out. It means that I'm going to have to leave the house, but I'm hoping that this may break the cycle of being afraid to go out.

That's it, really. All good, positive news. I'm looking forward to the future again.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why would your pdoc be upset that you are afraid to go out? My docs say fake it till you make it...anywhoo sounds like you are doing very well, hugs!

12:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home