Thursday, January 07, 2010

Sleep

Mood Rating: 7/10

Last night proved that I need the sleeping pills I've been prescribed. I was really tired, so I went to bed early and took a sleeping tablet just beforehand. I tossed and turned, and my mind raced, before the pill kicked in. Insomnia is a side effect of Aripirazole. I'm seeing my pdoc in 12 days' time, so I'm hoping that he'll prescribe me some more, otherwise I don't know what I'll do. As it is, the sleeping tablets wear off by around 6am, and the Aripiprazole wakes me up. I'm certainly in a healthy sleep routine now, even if it is aided.

I'm now taking 300mg of Venlafaxine and 30mg of Aripiprazole daily. I'm also on Metformin for PCOS, and of course there's the sleeping pills. I'd like to think that I'll one day be free from medication, but it's doubtful.

It's absolutely freezing cold here at the moment. Everywhere has run out of house coal, so we've had to resort to using some synthetic stuff, which just doesn't produce the heat of normal coal. I've also got the heating on, but I'm still cold. It snowed for about 24 hours yesterday, and now the snow's just compacted into thick ice - it's treacherous. The forecast is for more snow from tomorrow (Friday) until Sunday, which is a lot for us here in the south of the UK. Apparently, this is the coldest winter we've had in 30 years. My poor dog is shivering at the moment - best go and cover her up.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home