Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Employment Support Allowance Nightmare

Mood Rating: 6/10

I just tried to fill out the new Employment Support Allowance booklet (yes, booklet!), but it's reduced me to tears. They want to know everything but your blood type. I've got to send in proof of address, proof of earnings, bank statements, savings statements (of which I have none), birth certificate, National Insurance card (of which I've lost), my husband's last few payslips, etc, etc. I can't believe that the government have made this so difficult! In the grand scheme of things, I have mild mental health problems, but even I can't complete this stupid form! It's a complete joke. On top of that, I'm bound to be asked to go for the medical, too. The thought of having to go out to a strange place is terrifying.

I guess there's a plus side: my GP decided (on her own) to sign me off until February 2010. At least I haven't got to worry about work for another few weeks.

I feel absolutely shite today now. I feel pathetic - I can't even fill in a form. To top it off, my mum doesn't think she'll make it round today. I could really do with the company right now, but I don't want to tell her that.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Yogime said...

That sounds hard. I also feel that filling out forms is stressful. When it's too conplicated I get someone else to help me. Just do it a bit at a time. When do you have to have it filled out by?

3:10 pm  
Blogger Yogime said...

That sounds hard. I also feel that filling out forms is stressful. When it's too conplicated I get someone else to help me. Just do it a bit at a time. When do you have to have it filled out by?

3:10 pm  
Blogger Bipolar Bear said...

As soon as possible :-( It's getting all the proof together that's the real problem. My husband's gonna help later, though.

3:46 pm  
Blogger Yogime said...

OK excellent that he will help you.

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home