Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Who Was I Kidding?

Alas, the good mood didn't last that long. Around August time I started to see signs of a low period coming on. I spoke to my GP who arranged a meeting with my pdoc again. He put me on some new anti-psychotic drugs called Aripiprizole. The downside is that these tablets stop you sleeping well, so I'm on sleeping tablets for a few months, too.

On the upside, the pdoc noticed that I'm really struggling to lose weight. I have PCOS, and the Olanzipine made me put on even more weight, so I find it really hard to shift a pound or two. He suggested that I see my GP and ask about gastric banding. I put the GP visit off and off, but my husband came with me last week, and the GP is in favour of it and is going to write a letter to the powers that be. I've wanted this for so long now, but I new I couldn't pay for it myself. I didn't think that the GP would be interested in this idea in the slightest, but she didn't put up a fight at all. Let's just hope that the good old NHS feel the same.

As for my mood, I haven't worked for 3 months, but I tried starting again this week. I'm not doing very well...

Next day: Been signed off work for another month. My GP's also going to look into backdating a sick note so that I may claim for the months I haven't worked; that's a relief - we can't cope on my husband's wage alone.

On the plus side of things, the company I work for, 63336, have released a TV advert, which you can see here: http://url.ie/389k. Hopefully, this will boost the company even more. We've answered over 20 million questions already, and we're just going from strength to strength. This advert has caused a lot of controversy on YouTube. There are a lot of people who think that both the shortcode and the company logo are masonic or something to do with the Illuminati. It's just a simple text message question and answer service, but some people will read into things what they want.

Anyhoo, here's to another day. I feel like I'm slowly getting better, but it's such a long road; and very slow going.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home