Saturday, March 06, 2010

ESA = Waste of Time

Well, what can I say? I was expecting to get about £1,200, but I got nothing. Apparently, there's a 6 week penalty if you pay your NI late, so I wouldn't have been able to claim until 9 March 2010 (6 weeks after paying £230 in NI). I'm back at work now, so I can't claim. What annoyed me was that I couldn't even get the back pay from September 2009 - I just got a big fat nothing. I cried on the phone to the ESA people, and all they said was, "Do you want the number for Crisis Loans?" No, I fucking don't! How the hell would I pay back a loan when I've got nothing?! Useless.

My GP never phoned back to sign me off for February either, not that it mattered. My husband and I scrabbled around for money throughout February and we've got enough to get us through March. I've started working again, which isn't going too badly. I'm also doing a bit of work for my father-in-law. It fits in with my normal work, and it's extra money, so we should be okay. I'm not earning what I used to because it's too stressful for me. I had a bit of a wobble the other night when I didn't meet my target, but I've managed to catch up this morning, so all's well.

Next stressful thing is my Self Assessment in April. I haven't earnt enough to pay tax, thank God, but it's a nightmare to fill in. Why do the government think we're all brain surgeons?

I've got my next appointment with my pdoc on 23 March. Dreading it really. I haven't managed to conquer the agoraphobia, but I do feel a lot better. Thing is, he's going to want to see that I've been out more. I just don't WANT to go out. I'm happy in my little bubble. I do manage to go out if I need to now, which is an improvement, but I'm not walking the dog daily like I promised (hubby does that). Oh well. What's the worst he can do?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa said...

Do they have ppl to help you fill out your taxes there? Here we have free clinics for that. Also I can relate to wanting to stay in your little bubble. My OT is saying i need to get out a little or I'm wasting her time so then I will try that but I don't like it...

Awesome about doing well working and that..looks like the money thing will straighten itself out..hugs!

1:16 pm  
Blogger Bipolar Bear said...

We don't have anyone to fill out our tax for us, not unless you pay an accountant (pah!).

6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home