Saturday, May 12, 2007

Normality

Mood Rating: 6-7/10

I think I've reached a plateau. I've remained stable for well over a week now, and I'm beginning to feel like a normal person again. I haven't cried or welled up since the meeting with the clinical psychologist, so I'm obviously doing well. It feels pretty good, although I've a niggling feeling that a crash is never too far away. I think that that's due to worry rather than there actually being a crash; I'm a bit dubious about saying how well I feel in case it tempts fate.

My husband's out for the day tomorrow, so I think I'll throw myself into work. I'm not really looking forward to it, to be honest, but it's something that I need to get used to.

The Crisis Team aren't visiting again this week. They're going to phone on Monday or Tuesday to arrange an appointment with myself and the Care Co-ordinator so that they can hand my case back to her. I'm out of the woods, so the Crisis Team will step back, but they'll be there should I need them again in the future. I supoose it's a bit of a landmark, and I certainly feel as though I don't really need them again at the moment.

I'm going to visit the Acre Day Hospital on Tuesday. It's name instills fear into me, but it's a place for people who suffer any type of mental illness to go and chill, basically. They run short courses on relaxation, anxiety, creative writing, etc. I've agreed to visit the place, but I'm not at all keen. You're assessed to see whether any of the courses they run would suit you. I've got the feeling that they may turn me away - I can hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home