Monday, May 07, 2007

Remaining Stable

Mood Rating: 7/10

Well, here we are on Bank Holiday Monday and I haven't taken a dive. Friday night was okay, although I felt pretty old in the nightclub. However, I've now done it, even if I did sit in a corner. I didn't stay long as I got a headache - most likely caused by the alcohol - so I left at about 1.30am. I was going to stay at a friend's house, but my husband demanded that I come home. He was pretty miffed because he said he was looking forward to me coming home. We sorted that argument quickly, though.

Saturday was a quiet day. We went to the supermarket together; I even managed to stroll off to look at stuff on my own. In the evening we watched a movie. On Sunday we went to a chocolate fountain party at a friend's as they've bought a catering fountain to do functions. It was gorgeous, and I tackled another phobia: eating in front of a large group of people. A large glass of wine probably helped there. 1 glass and I was pretty wrecked; must be the tablets. In the evening I was meant to meet a friend for a drink in town, but I didn't end up going because I got home and I was knackered. I just wanted to veg in front of the TV.

One of the Crisis Team is going to visit me today. I'm looking forward to telling them that I feel really stable at the moment. I think this may be the last week that they'll visit as I've done so well. I'm even managing work a bit more. I've already worked for an hour today, and it's been busy so the money's pretty good.

When I am finally left to my own devices, I need to remember that my health is more important than work. I can't keep pushing myself to earn mega bucks when it makes me ill. I need to focus on relaxing, too, because, quite often, I'll work until bedtime and then I find it hard to sleep, understandably.

Maybe all of this has been a blessing in disguise. I've learnt that my priorities are all wrong; that I need to relax more; that I have issues that still need addressing, etc. It's very easy to forget all of this normally, but as I react so badly, I need to focus on myself and my moods more. It sounds selfish, but if I don't take care of my mental health, it gets out of hand.

I'm going to do a little bit more work then have a tidy up before the Crisis Team visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home