Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Stabilising

Mood Rating: 8/10

Looks like the drugs may be working. I've doubled the dosage now to 10mg per day. I'm a little bit tired today, but not as much as when I first began taking Olanzipine. It sounds odd, but I feel as if my body's beginning to smile on the inside.

The Early Intervention Team visited yesterday, but they thought that I wasn't really a case for them. They deal with the more extreme cases of mental illness, such as those who hear voices and hallucinate. That's all fine by me, I'm happy dealing with the Crisis Team and my social worker for now. I feel as if both my husband and I have enough support for the time being.

There is a Clinical Psychologist visiting today at 3pm. She's coming to see if there's anything that she can add to the support. I think she may want to focus on my social phobia, which I'd love. It'd be great to be able to go out to the shops unaccompanied, or to walk into a pub to meet friends. I have got a little better with it recently, but I think I need a bit more of a kick up the bum and a greater challenge.

Having not worked that much throughout April, money will be a little tight for me during May, but the bills are all covered, so it's not a great worry. I have been spending money hand over fist recently. I've found that I spend more when I'm in a better mood, although I might spend when I'm down to cheer myself up. The postman has just delivered 3 boxes, but I've ordered so much recently I haven't a clue what they could be. I'm not in debt, and I never spend more than I have in the bank. As long as I keep it that way, I'll be fine.

Friday night will be the real test for these drugs. I'm off out for the night with my brother's girlfriend. I'll be drinking, and I'm sure we'll have a great time, but it's the coming home that brings me down. I'm confident, though, that I'll be able to manage it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home