Monday, March 29, 2010

Sleep Deprivation

It's nearly 4am an I just can't sleep. I'm starting a new business this week selling greeting cards, gift wrap and stationary. It's another self-employed business, so there's a lot to think about, which is why I'm not sleeping. I go to bed, get tired, turn off the light and 'ping!' I'm wide awake again.

I'm so excited about Phoenix Trading (the new business). I think it's a great opportunity for me (and many others), but I worry that I won't make it work. I've tried selling cosmetics before, but that didn't work out too well. I think that the greeting cards are a better bet. More people require them and the products themselves are of top quality.

I'm going to have to put in a lot of hard work. It's going to be difficult not basing everything on an hourly wage, which is what I'm used to with 63336. I get to set my own targets, though, and I'm used to doing that.

As for my mood, I'm rather manic at the moment. I think that it's mostly just excitment, but I guess it could be the Venlafaxine. I think things will return to normal when I get my business pack and I can truly start planning. I'm hoping the pack will arrive on Tuesday. I posted my application form off today, but I'm pretty sure that post is collected on a Sunday for processing, so it should arrive with Phoenix tomorrow.

I've already started networking more on Twitter and Facebook. You get a free website with the business pack, so I can promote that for customers who aren't local to me. I'm also planning on doing some parties and fetes, etc. I'm hoping this venture will give me the kick up the butt to move outside of the house more. I really want this to work, and, so far, I've made all the right moves. I guess time will tell.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Noble Heart Healing said...

It sounds so very exciting, but you need your rest! A couple things I suggest to my clients are 1)putting a notebook by your bed so when you rememeber something really imporant you can write it down. Then when that thought returns you say to yourself, "Thank you for reminding me, but it's written down. I will take care of it tomorrow, but now it's ok for me to sleep" The second thing I recommend is focusing on these words, "I release my need for this anxiety and allow deep and restful sleep" or something to that effect. You need to give your brain permission to turn itself off! I wish you all the best!
Kim

3:32 am  
Blogger Bipolar Bear said...

Thanks Kim. I got 3 hours' sleep in the end :)

8:00 am  
Blogger Yogime said...

This sounds exciting! I often get that whole anticipatory anxiety thing also. Hugs.

12:49 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great blogg Bipolar Bear - do take it easy withthe new business and have plenty of rest.
Best Regards

Kal

9:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home