Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Social Phobia

Mood Rating: 5/10

Yesterday Ann came to visit me to discuss how we're going to tackle my social phobia. She discovered just how self-conscious I am, and we spoke about the possibility of me getting promoted at work. This would entail a trip to London once a month, so we're going to work on travelling on public transport in case I get the job. I'm going to meet her in town next week for a coffee. We'll work up to supermarkets at a later date.

It's pretty sad, but I discovered that I actually don't really know what's acceptable in the big wide world anymore. For instance, I haven't a clue whether it's the done thing for people to grab a coffee on their own and read a book. This makes me panic because I don't want to look out of place. I've hidden myself away from the world for so long that I no longer know what's what.

I'm quite looking forward to tackling this as it will make me feel a bit more 'normal'. It'd be nice to be able to pop into town on my own to get a present, for instance, without having to wait for a time when someone else is free to accompany me.

Tomorrow I'm going to start Weight Watchers. I think I'll be going to that alone as my friend hasn't got back to me. I don't want to go alone, but I desperately want to lose weight - again, to help me feel more 'normal'.

My mood hasn't been that great this week. I don't think I've risen above a 5. If it carries on, I'll have to visit my GP again. I guess they could up my medication, but I don't really know for sure.

Hubby's out today so I think I'll go and catch some sun to cheer myself up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home